Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Critter Updates

I know cats are supposed to be carnivores and rabbits are supposed to be vegetarians, but for dinner recently, Orwell ate Muffin's organic spring mix salad, while Muffin ate Orwell's bacon & chicken cat food. I guess the laws of nature don't apply when curious pets want to irritate each other.

I'm still not sure those two critters like each other all that much.  Now that Orwell is 50% bigger than Muffin, he likes to body slam Muffin, and that just isn't her thing. Orwell has gotten so aggressive that when I walked into Muffin's room and saw Orwell in Muffin's cage with a guilty look on his face and no sign of Muffin, I initially panicked.

Muffin has calmed down quite a bit and is now my favorite pet at least when her bottom doesn't sound smell like sewage.  She's using the litter box more consistently now and has stopped peeing on the sofa.  I think the enzymatic cleaner helped, or maybe her hormones have just leveled out again. She is quite the productivity killer, though.  She's our soft and cuddly critter.


Orwell has finally stopped tearing up on our nice rugs now that I've put packing tape on all the corners (it looks so lovely for our guests - NOT!), although they'll never look nice again. :(  Orwell also ruined our sofa with his claws even when we put his scratching post right beside the sofa.  He also put a few rips in our very new 100% leather recliner.  That cat should have his claws removed, my husband insists that would be inhumane.  So, after spending the first 18 months decorating our new home exactly like we wanted it, our home now looks very distressed and has a new 5 foot tacky cat tree in the middle of the family area.  It seems to be distracting Orwell from the sofa and from perching on the coffee table in front of the window, but it is quite the eyesore. He sleeps on the top perch (or on the bed in the master bedroom) and loves to watch the birds in our 8-room bird hotel.



That bird house has contained several different nests at any given time this past summer.

Since Orwell has been such a costly addition to our family, we are now making him work for a living. He is our new product tester for our family golf business.  He has really enjoyed sharpening his mice catching skills by poking his arms into the holes of that box and trying to catch golf balls.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...