These two cuties celebrated birthdays yesterday.
![]() |
| Youngest - now 7 |
![]() |
| Oldest - now 43 |
Since my husband just unpacked the room over the garage (which has served as our attic or storage area) and decorated it into a nautical themed man cave (he paid back his education at the USNA by serving as a naval officer on a submarine), I thought this old picture of our little girl made a nice image for his birthday greetings as we sent lots of hugs and love to our hero and our favorite former submariner.
Even the sun seemed excited about my husband's birthday, for it cast the most unusual mint and pink colored, heart-shaped reflection on our house this morning. It reminded me of those sentiment sweethearts we passed around on Valentine's Day. It was if the sun was sending a loving senti-mint for his birthday. Ha!
You know your daughter is in the prime of middle school when the cards she picks out for her daddy go from sweet and sappy to cat pranks, and her father congratulates her on picking out the type of card his family likes best.
It made him laugh, though, and crack a smile, which is refreshing on one who often looks too professional and serious.
For his birthday, he took a half-day off from work and went to the movie theater ALONE. It's an introvert thing, so I can't understand how that could possibly be fun for anyone, but my introvert friends assure me that it's what they enjoy and that I must not take offense. I had no time for movies anyway. I did manage to prepare him a home cooked meal....two weekdays in a row. That is a miracle in itself. And just for him, I made meals that were fattening but yummy.
We have been baking a lot lately for guests, birthday parties, Easter gatherings, etc. so I bought him a birthday cake/pie instead of making one myself. He was not disappointed, though, because blueberry pie and cheesecake are two of his four favorite desserts, and this pie combined both into one.
Our daughter was a bit nervous when we let our son light the candles. The last time he lit candles was when our family was chosen to light a candle for advent in front of the entire church, and he almost set the church on fire. :-)









No comments:
Post a Comment