Saturday, October 1, 2011

Random Ramblings

Random ramblings regarding recent reflections:
  1. Our son gets the award for the most wacky random quote of the week when he said to me, "Mom, when I was a baby in your tummy I thought the world was made of cotton balls."    
  2. We've been working with the kids on their attitudes about chores and school work.  I got an encouraging report from our daughter's teacher today, and while the kids were doing their Saturday morning chores, I saw a marked improvement in attitude.   There's nothing quite like a little "par-tay" song to improve one's attitude.
    Exhibit A

  3. Temperatures climbed back into the high 80s this past week.  So you can imagine my surprise when the kids woke me up Friday morning to tell me that the golf course was covered in snow.  What I discovered when I looked outside was obviously not snow, but the way the morning sunlight reflected off of the dew on the grass did give the greens a white hue.
  4. Our community group (small group within our larger church life class) met last night.  This meeting was especially unique because our brave hosts encouraged us to bring our kids which is a first for our group.  Inviting kids was especially daring considering that the last time two of our kids played together, one ended up in the ER.  We just love this group and are so grateful for their company in any setting - even if that setting involves 13 energetic kids buzzing all around spewing chaos and giggles as they go.
  5. The See You At the Pole™ Global Day of Prayer was held this past Wednesday.  It was a great privilege to stand with our daughter, her teachers, classmates, and other parents next to Old Glory and pray for her school, our community and our nation. Read more here.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    LinkWithin

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...