Every couple must figure what works best to nurture their unique marriage. Some insist that weekly date nights are the best way to build a strong marriage while others read books and attend marriage conferences together. Statistics indicate that couples who pray together have the best chance of staying together. "Couch time" is a popular way for couples to reconnect on a daily basis.
We try to incorporate as many of these tips as possible, but one of the ways we have found that works best for us is to get away alone together. I have to totally distance myself from the home and all my responsibilities there for more than a few hours to fully focus on glorifying God through nurturing a healthy marriage. While my husband and I do not share similar interests with regard to hobbies, we both love to travel. So, we have found it better to focus less on weekly date nights, which require a sitter and logistical hassles, and save that money for getaways together.
I've already shared some of our photos from the Biltmore Gardens and Conservatory in part 4 of this series, but I would like to share a few other photos from our trip to highlight more gifts for my 1000 gifts project.
97. That handsome man on the tractor who works so diligently to provide for our family.
98. Seeing him on that tractor reminded me what a gift his executive job is because it keeps him dressed neatly in suits and sitting in a comfortable office where his knowledge and God given gifts are best utilized. I'm thankful that he does not have to toil out in the fields since neither one of us has a green thumb or enjoys agrarian work very much.
99. Cloud, the overly fluffly French angora bunny, who gave me an idea that has me elated and bubbling over in anticipation.
100. The sight of free range chickens roaming about Antler Hill was a gift because whenever I see a chicken, I am reminded of my mother-in-law and some precious friends who keep chickens for the wonderfully healthy eggs they produce. Chickens also remind me of the children we sponsor in Ethiopia and Haiti because the simple gift of a few chickens can enable the poorest of poor to meet their basic needs.
101. The winery tour was a gift because the desire to learn how everything is made, intensified by touring camera and auto manufacturing plants in Japan at age 17, is what led me to major in engineering. The tour was very informative, and I would highly recommend it were it not for the "get them tipsy so they'll buy more" wine tasting festival at the end which we obviously skipped.
102. Those beautiful horses at Antler Hill were a gift because the mere sight of my favorite animal brings peace and joy to my heart. We should love God's creatures, great and small, but the horse is one of the most awesome I ever saw.
Waiting Eagerly for His Return
6 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment