~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Melissa, of Your Mom Has a Blog challenges and encourages parents in her post, "What #GiveElsaAGirlfriend Really Means" with these words:
"Everything about this culture is lined up in direct opposition to what the Bible teaches. ...Satan has a stronghold in America, and he is ramming his lies down our throats while disguised as an angel of light. His lies spew from pulpits, billboards, school textbooks, political powers, mainstream media, teachers, and social media like a fire hose.
Things have changed, dear parents. The way we live has to change. Christianity is about to become the most radical mission we were ever a part of, if we’re doing it right. We aren’t culture warriors anymore–the culture is lost and we aren’t getting it back. But, our children are still ours. And, I propose that it’s going to take some radical reform in our homes in order to lead them in Christ’s way."
To counter it, parents have to walk their talk and live out their faith moment by moment in the home, love others extravagantly with the grace of Christ, and teach theology daily. We've lost the battle with our culture, but we cannot let them have our kids. Fight daily for their hearts. Teach them, ground them, protect them. Teach them how to think critically and challenge them to own the faith for themselves and to defend it with every fiber of their being. Cling to the truth, and anchor your family to the Word of God. Never stop praying, loving, fighting. The culture may be enslaved to the prince of darkness, but no one can separate our kids from the love of God! (Romans 8:38-39)
I am astonished that you are so quickly deserting the one who called you to live in the grace of Christ and are turning to a different gospel–which is really no gospel at all. Evidently some people are throwing you into confusion and are trying to pervert the gospel of Christ. But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach a gospel other than the one we preached to you, let them be under God’s curse! As we have already said, so now I say again: If anybody is preaching to you a gospel other than what you accepted, let them be under God’s curse! Am I now trying to win the approval of human beings, or of God? Or am I trying to please people? If I were still trying to please people, I would not be a servant of Christ. (Galatians 1:6-10)
You will be hated by everyone because of me, but the one who stands firm to the end will be saved. (Matthew 10:22~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The world is wicked, but there is a cure:
"Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good." (Romans 12:21)~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This parenting article is a handy reference: What Screen Time Really Does to Kids' Brains
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
FYI: I may have perfected this face:

No comments:
Post a Comment