Thursday, September 22, 2011

A few kid quotes: Horsepower and the Tower of Babel

The kids and I listened to C.S.Lewis' The Magician's Nephew via audio CD on the way to/from school today.  When Polly and Diggery met the queen witch in another world, I commented, "How could they be from two totally different worlds and separate dimensions of time yet still speak the same language?"

The 4-year old responded, "That's easy, Mom.  Remember the Tower of Babel?  Before they built the tower, everyone spoke the same language."

~~~~~~~~~~~

Last week, my 4-year old asked me to buy him a convertible.

This week, he decided he would rather have a rocket.
"When will you buy me a rocket so I can fly in it?  How many dollars would I need to buy it myself?"  he asked.

~~~~~~~~~~~

His obsession with modes of transportation continues. Yesterday an old sports car, filled with lanky teenagers who gave us cocky grins, passed me on the highway.  My son asked, "Mom, does their car have more horsepower than your car?"

~~~~~~~~~~~

This morning at breakfast, my 4-year old told me that I should become a preacher.  His sister added, "You should, Mom, since you are so good about teaching us the Bible."



While I appreciated their sentiment, I do not think the SBC would approve. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...