Saturday, June 20, 2015

Dad's Birthday

Since my dad is celebrating a birthday this weekend, I looked back at an old photo album, and found this pic from the day he and I first met. I had a cold which gave me sad looking eyes, but even so, could there ever be any doubt that God made us for each other? I love you, Dad!  I treasure this picture so much!

Mom hosted a family gathering at their home on Dad's birthday to celebrate Dad's birthday and Fathers' Day. She served our favorite Father's Day traditional meal which includes filet mignon, baked potatoes, toasted bread, salad, and desserts. It's become a bit of a tradition to take a picture of my son eying the food at family gatherings (meals I put before him typically pale in comparison), so here's one of him showing his excitement about dessert!  It's hard to tell from this photos, but we like a little brownie with our cream cheese frosting (1:2 ratio minimum).

Happiness for these two cousins involves eating sweet treats and playing games on their tablets.



You know your kids love, adore, and respect you when they give you the looks shown in the lower pictures.  (Or maybe they also want to ask you for money or for more screen time.)


Watching our baby girl cuddle with Pops hand in hand melted my heart!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...