
Another quality about my mother that I hope to emulate in my life is her ability to cultivate genuine and abiding friendships. I remember Mom maintaining extremely close friendships with my dad, her parents, her siblings, her children, neighbors, co-workers, church family, etc. She has always been my closest friend whom I call when I have good or bad news to share or when I need someone to lean upon. She's the one I shared my hopes, dreams, and concerns with first before I married my husband, and she still continues to be a bosom buddy to me.
| Two of my favorite little friends |
Mom showed me that close friendships require a huge and steady investment of time and energy. Mom worked a full time job while raising 2 children and serving her family and community, yet I always knew she had time for me. I assume that all her friends know they can trust her and depend upon her 100%. I pray the Lord will enable me to be that type of friend to others.
Jesus has called us friends. Do my relationships with others reflect the friendship we have with Christ through His work on the cross?
I no longer call you servants, because a servant does not know his master’s business. Instead, I have called you friends, for everything that I learned from my Father I have made known to you. (John 15:15)
Click here to continue to part 5.
No comments:
Post a Comment