Sunday, June 19, 2011

Father's Day 2011

We traveled to my hometown to spend Father's Day with my dad today.

We all attended church together and then enjoyed lunch at a 1950s style restaurant where photos of my high school classmates (and even one tiny photo of me during my big hair days) were framed and mounted on the walls.  The kids were amused by all the nostalgic photos.  I've known the current restaurant manager since we were both in kindergarten, but today was the first time I had eaten there since my early teen years.
   
Then we returned to the same house were my parents have lived for the past 40 years.  The kids always enjoy playing in Nana and Pops' big backyard.

I feel so blessed to have such a wonderful father and to be married to a devoted man who sets such a great example for our children.  Happy Father's Day to my two favorite fathers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...