Friday, June 3, 2011

A study of contrasts (part 3): girl vs. boy

The conversation I had with our kids today over lunch demonstrates for me the difference between my left-brained boy and my right-brained girl when it comes to thought processing.

My daughter and I were discussing some of her creative "inventions".  I encouraged her to continue using her imagination and suggested that perhaps some day she will come up with an invention that no one has yet thought of before that will be something everyone will want.  We discussed course of education she would need for her entrepreneurial pursuits, and we spoke a little about patent law.


At this point, my 4-year old boy was ready to participate in the conversation, so he said, "I don't like using my imagination.  I like stuff that is real.  Mom, can a cannon kill a person in just one shoot?"  















So, while my daughter continues to dream up things that do not yet exist, my son is contemplating how everything that does exist functions.  Hopefully, he at least now knows to steer clear of cannons!


Photos by www.BlinkofanEyePhotographync.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...