My preschooler is slowly but surely learning to read. This past week, we read simple short poems together while focusing on rhyming words. So, I thought I would recount one of our outings last week in a simple poem format with ABAB rhyme pattern using five syllables per line and words that he should be able to read without any help.
I planned a nice date
For my boy and me.
The lake was first rate
Still water to see.
The view was just grand
From the narrow shore.
He said from the sand
"I've seen this before!"
So we turned around.
I called him to come.
And look what I found.
It's bright green pond scum.
"That's really icky!"
He said with tongue out.
"Algae is sticky!"
He cried with a shout!
So we walked awhile
To the monkey bars.
He climbed with a smile
High up to the stars.





No comments:
Post a Comment