I want to be more deliberate about keeping a record of the kids' quotes that are either humorous or reflective of each child's personality or growth stage. So, I hope to begin regularly posting lists of favorite kid quotes.
A few quotes from last week (the third full week of June 2011) are listed below.
Quotes by the 4-year old:
Since I tend to be the taskmaster while my husband gets to be the fun parent, I sometimes jokingly lament over the kids' preference for their father. On Father's Day weekend, our son climbed into his father's lap and said, "You aren't angry that I love Mommy more than you, are you?". While I appreciate his efforts to take pity on me just this once, his timing was most unfortunate.
- Immediately after we took my husband to the airport for a 5-day trip, our son said, "Oh no! With Dad gone, this means we can't play Minecraft or Lego Club On-Line (his favorite video games) for five whole days!' Clearly, he views his father's video gaming expertise as one of his finer attributes.
Whenever I asked our son what he would like to eat for dinner, he would assume his father's voice and say, "Oh bother!"
- When I read The Three Billy Goats Gruff to him, I asked him to tell me the moral of the story. He replied, "Don't be greedy or you might get dead."
For our 7-year old daughter, I would like to quote from her most recent bedtime prayer:
Thank you for my mommy who checks out books for me from the library.
Thank you for my daddy who is always so much fun.
And thank you for my brother who can be so annoying but is still a great playmate.
No comments:
Post a Comment